Steeplechase races over timber is a Maryland tradition that goes back some 100-plus years. Few sports can boast the tradition of family participation which characterize these races.
Originating in the United Kingdom as a cross-country race from church steeple to church steeple, Maryland has enjoyed this exciting sport for more than 100 years. Expect plenty of tailgating!
Where to See Steeplechase Races
- Elkridge-Harford Hunt Point to Point - April 3, 2021
Monkton, Baltimore County
- My Lady’s Manor, April 10, 2021
Monkton, Harford County
- Grand National Steeplechase, April 17, 2021
Butler, Baltimore County
- Maryland Hunt Cup - April 24, 2021
Glyndon, Baltimore County
- Howard County Cup Races - May 1, 2021
Brookville, Howard County
- Potomac Hunt Races - May 15, 2021
Poolsville, Montgomery County
- Fair Hill Races - May 24, 2021