Steeplechase races over timber is a Maryland tradition that goes back some 100-plus years. Few sports can boast the tradition of family participation which characterize these races.
Originating in the United Kingdom as a cross-country race from church steeple to church steeple, Maryland has enjoyed this exciting sport for more than 100 years. Expect plenty of tailgating!
Where to See Steeplechase Races
The Fair Hill Races have been held on the 5,600-acre former estate of William duPont Jr. since 1934. This year marks a change as the Fair Hill Races 2020 will run at Laurel Park in Laurel, MD on May 23, 2020.
- Elkridge-Harford Hunt Point to Point - April 4, 2020
Monkton, Baltimore County
- My Lady’s Manor, April 11, 2020
Monkton, Harford County
- Grand National Steeplechase, April 18, 2020
Butler, Baltimore County
- Maryland Hunt Cup - April 25, 2020
Glyndon, Baltimore County
- Howard County Cup Races - May 2, 2020
Brookville, Howard County
- Potomac Hunt Races - May 16, 2020
Poolsville, Montgomery County
- Fair Hill Races - May 23, 2020
Laurel Park, Anne Arundel County