Steeplechase races over timber is a Maryland tradition that goes back some 100-plus years. Few sports can boast the tradition of family participation which characterize these races.
Originating in the United Kingdom as a cross-country race from church steeple to church steeple, Maryland has enjoyed this exciting sport for more than 100 years. Expect plenty of tailgating!
Where to See Steeplechase Races
The Fair Hill Races on May 27, 2017, have been held on the 5,600-acre former estate of William duPont Jr. since 1934.
- Elkridge-Harford Hunt Point to Point - April 7, 2017
Monkton, Baltimore County
- My Lady’s Manor, April 15, 2017
Ladew Topiary Gardens, Monkton, Harford County
- Fair Hill Point to Point, April 16, 2017
Elkton, Cecil County
- Grand National Steeplechase, April 22, 2017
Butler, Baltimore County
- Maryland Hunt Cup - April 29, 2017
Glyndon, Baltimore County
- Maryland Junior Hunt Cup - April 30, 2017
Cockeysville, Baltimore County
- Howard County Cup Races - May 6, 2017
Brookville, Howard County
- Potomac Hunt Races - May 21, 2017
Poolsville, Montgomery County