Steeplechase races over timber is a Maryland tradition that goes back some 100-plus years. Few sports can boast the tradition of family participation which characterize these races.
Originating in the United Kingdom as a cross-country race from church steeple to church steeple, Maryland has enjoyed this exciting sport for more than 100 years. Expect plenty of tailgating!
Where to See Steeplechase Races
The Fair Hill Races have been held on the 5,600-acre former estate of William duPont Jr. since 1934.
- Elkridge-Harford Hunt Point to Point - April 9, 2016
Monkton, Baltimore County
- My Lady’s Manor, April 16, 2016
Ladew Topiary Gardens, Monkton, Harford County
- Fair Hill Point to Point, April 17, 2016
Elkton, Cecil County
- Grand National Steeplechase, April 23, 2016
Butler, Baltimore County
- Maryland Hunt Cup - April 30, 2016
Glyndon, Baltimore County
- Maryland Junior Hunt Cup - May 1, 2016
Cockeysville, Baltimore County
- Howard County Cup Races - May 7, 2016
Brookville, Howard County
- Potomac Hunt Races - May 15, 2016
Poolsville, Montgomery County