Laboring Sons memorial Ground

Chapel Alley and 5th St, Frederick, MD 21701 Get Directions 
Phone: 301-600-4047

Frederick

Capital Region
Description
Established in 1851 by the Beneficial Society of Laboring Sons of Frederick City, the City of Frederick acquired the burial ground in 1950 and placed a park on the site. Among those buried here are six Civil War veterans who served in colored regiments. In 1999, protests were responsible for the successful change from park to memorial.

Share

Save