Elect to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the ratification of the 19th amendment, which gave women the right to vote in Maryland. The Maryland Office of Tourism and its partners are shining on light on women through exhibits, activities, and women of influence past and present.
As woman are traditionally the planners of vacations, 2020 - the Year of the Woman in Maryland - is the the perfect time to talk about the places and people that make Maryland so special.
See for yourself! All across Maryland, there are places created by and inspired by Maryland women. Visit sites that celebrate their accomplishments, tell their stories and honor their contributions. Check out these trip suggestions:
Special events celebrating The Year of the Woman in Maryland will be going on across the state all year in 2020.
See events celebrating women.
3 Exhibits & Programs
Check out these special exhibits and programs highlighting Maryland women.
4 Women of Influence in Tourism
Meet some of the extraordinary women you can find running the show in Maryland.
- The Governor's Commission for the Celebration of the Ratification of the 19th Amendment of the United States Constitution; learn about the Maryland women who got us where we are today.
- The 19th Amendment granted American women the right to vote. The Maryland Historical Trust created this story map, which highlights sites of activism for Maryland's suffragists. From Historic St. Mary’s City to the Lyric Opera House in Baltimore, explore the places where Maryland “her-story” was made.
- Tell us about outstanding Maryland women past, present, and future in your industry
- Share your DIY Events in a Box
- Add your event celebrating women to the VisitMaryland Calendar of Events.