Part of Plenty B&B
A restored farm house, renovated in 1996 and furnished with period antiques and reproductions.
Depicts the life, history and contributions of famous African Americans from Charles County. Artifacts from the William D. Diggs collection on display.
Historic building recalls railroad's impact on Charles County during 1800s growth boom. Site includes two-room "La Plata Station" and authentic red caboose on adjacent track.
The first Carmelite Monastery in the United States, Mount Carmel was established in 1790 by Mother Bernardina Matthews, her two nieces, Sister Mary Aloysia and Sister Mary Eleanora, and Sister Clare Joseph.
This 1,723-acre tract is located in the forested bottom lands of Mattawoman Creek and was once home to the Piscataway Indians.