OFFICIAL RULES FOR:
The Maryland Office of Tourism's
National Harbor Summer Getaway Sweepstakes
There is no purchase or payment of any kind required to enter the National Harbor Summer Getaway The contest is not open to employees of the Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development (“DBED”), Stanton Communications, Siquis, or Miles Media or their families. All entrants must be 18 years or older.
The Sweepstakes will close and the winner will be selected and notified via e-mail on or about June 25, 2014. One prize winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries. Notification will occur via e-mail, at which time arrangements will be made for the winner to receive their prize.
There will be one prize package, estimated value of $1,150. including the following components:
- Gaylord National Resort Hotel & Convention Center: Two night stay in a standard guest room. Please call for reservation, blackout dates may apply. Expires June 25, 2015.
- National Harbor Dining Entertainment Cards
National Harbor Dining Entertainment Cards are valid at any National Harbor restaurant or entertainment location. Gift card value $200. Expires June 25, 2015.
- Tanger Outlet Gift Card: Gift card for $100. No expiration date.
- Potomac Riverboat Company; boarding passes for water taxis and water cruises; Expires October 31, 2014.
• Two VIP Boarding Passes (admits two): Alexandria - National Harbor Water Taxi
• Four VIP Vouchers: National Mall Water Taxi
• Four VIP Boarding Passes: George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate & Gardens Cruise
• Four VIP Vouchers: Washington Monuments Cruise.
- Boating in DC: Two one-hour rentals of a single or double kayak, canoe or stand-up paddleboard. Expires April 28, 2016.
- The Capital Wheel at National Harbor: Four tickets. Expires June 25, 2015.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible contestants. By participating in this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
Prize must be used by the dates to be specified with each prize or be forfeited. Sponsors are not responsible for any postponement or cancellation of the tours, games, events or charters. All prizes shall be awarded. No substitution, transfer or cash redemption of prizes shall be permitted.
This contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, and winners are solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, state or local taxes.
Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability pertaining to acceptance or use of the prize, which must be returned to DBED within five days of e-mail notification. Noncompliance may result in disqualification and the awarding of the prize to an alternate winner. All taxes, fees, assessments or other charges arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of any prize are solely the responsibility of the winner. Rules, terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
Sponsors, including but not limited to DBED and their respective corporate affiliates and subsidiaries, and the directors, officers, employees and agents of each of the foregoing, assume no liability or responsibility for any damages, losses or injuries resulting from, or arising out of, acceptance or use of any prize, nor are any of the foregoing responsible for printing or other typographical errors, and acceptance of a prize constitutes a release of any and all liability in connection therewith.
To obtain a set of these official Rules and/or to receive a list of any winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by July 25, 2014 to:
National Harbor Summer Getaway
c/o Maryland Office of Tourism Development
401 East Pratt Street, 14th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202