The Official Guide To Maryland State Travel |
Order or view now
To help you share some of these opportunities with your groups, attached are tour itineraries and suggestions.
Central Maryland - Popular tour stops include: Annapolis, Arundel Mills, Baltimore, Camden Yards, Ellicott City, Fort McHenry, Havre de Grace, Inner Harbor, Ladew Topiary Gardens, Medieval Times, National Aquarium, Savage Mill, U.S. Naval Academy, & Westminster.
- African-American Heritage Tour – A valued priced package of Baltimore that is ideal for family reunion groups looking for a single-day touring option.
- Annapolis & Baltimore Christmas – A 3-day package featuring Christmas Adventures in Baltimore and Annapolis with the Inner Harbor, B & O Railroad Museum’s Holiday Festival of Trains, Geppi's Entertainment Museum, Toby's Dinner Theatre’s Holiday Show, Fort McHenry, narrated guided Baltimore Tour, Annapolis Christmas Tour, Lights On the Bay at Sandy State Park, the Annapolis Christmas Light's Boat Parade Option, and the National Aquarium with Polar Express in 4-D.
- Baltimore on a Budget – A valued priced 2-day tour with lodging, lunch, dinner, breakfast and Aquarium admission.
- The Frugal Patriot – A 3-day tour of Baltimore, Annapolis and Washington, D.C.
- Star-Spangled Banner Student Tour – A 4-day student tour of Baltimore, Annapolis and Washington, DC, with lodging, admissions, meals and guide services.
- The Three City Triangle Tour – A 4-day tour with visits to Annapolis, Baltimore & Washington, DC. Three cities…three cruises…three times the fun!
Eastern Shore – Popular tour stops include: Assateague, Cambridge, Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, Chesapeake City, Chestertown, Crisfield, Denton, Easton, Ocean City, Salisbury, St. Michaels, Smith Island, Tilghman Island & Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art.
- Boardwalks of the Mid-Atlantic – The 4-day tour includes visits to Boardwalks in Ocean City, Rehoboth, Cape May & Atlantic City.
- Destination Freedom: One Story of the Underground Railroad – Offers a 1-day tour through Dorchester County, birthplace of famed Underground Railroad Conductor Harriet Tubman. Included in the tour are sites from Harriet Tubman's life including plantation sites from her days in slavery, the small village where she grew up, Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge and lunch at one of the participating African American church communities. Tour can include a boat ride on the Choptank River used as part of the escape route by the fleeing slaves.
- Wonders of Agriculture – Spend one to three days touring the Eastern Shore visiting a wide variety of working agricultural sites. You choose from menu of activities which include: a working Bison ranch, a Clydesdale Ranch, an Orchard with a demonstration of bee keeping and pick your own apple, an entertainment farm with wagon rides and a milo maze, a vineyard including the brewery and wine tasting, an aquaculture research center, and a National Wildlife Refuge among other activities.
Capital Region - Popular tour stops include: Bethesda, College Park, Emmitsburg, Frederick, National Harbor, Rockville, Silver Spring, Six Flags America, Thurmont & Washington, DC.
- Abbey Road on the River at Gaylord National – A 4-day tour package for the world's largest Beatles-Inspired Music Festival that will include 65 tribute bands from across the universe + 50,000 fans. Date specific for September 2-6, 2010. Let’s Come Together, Right Now, Over DC.
- Agricultural Reserve – A day trip of the Montgomery County Agricultural Reserve, King Barn Dairy Moo-seum, Model Airpark, and Sugarloaf.
- Christmas at the Gaylord with ICE! – Customized Capital Christmas packages featuring the Gaylord National, National Harbor, and ICE! This package travels the Capital Region and includes Washington, DC Mormon Temple’s Festival of Lights, the Pageant of Peace, Zoo Lights at the National Zoo, Old Town Alexandria, the National Botanic Gardens, and more.
- Gardens, Festivals Theatres – A day trip coption package with Brookside Gardens; Shakerforest, SilverDocs Film or Sugarloaf Craft Festival; Bethesda; and Music Center at Strathmore, Bethesda Theatre or Round House Theatre.
- Gaylord National Value Dates – There are “Super-value pricing available at the Gaylord National on select dates. Touring includes basic DC Metro regional tours with monuments, memorials, museums and sightseeing.
- Heritage Montgomery – A day trip offering with Glen Echo Park and Clara Barton House
- Montgomery Up-County – A day tour with Sugarloaf Mountain & Sugarloaf Vineyard
- Olney, Brookeville & Sandy Spring Underground Railroad – A day tour offering Sandy Spring Museum, Woodlawn Manor, Sandy Spring Slave Museum, Madison House and Olney Theatre.
- Potomac Paddling – Potomac Eco-Tour or Discover Paddling Canal Tour
Southern Maryland – Popular tour stops include: Calvert Marine Museum, Historic St. Mary’s City, La Plata, Solomon’s and Waldorf
Western Maryland – Popular tour stops include: Adventure Sports Center Institute, Antietam National Battlefield, Cumberland, Deep Creek Lake, Fort Frederick, Frostburg, Hagerstown, Oakland, Penn Alps, Prime Outlets and Western Maryland Scenic Railroad
Mid Atlantic Region – Maryland’s geographic location and close proximity to our nations’ capital, make it an excellent as a hub-n-spoke, or an element for a regional itinerary.
- It’s Del-Mar-Va-lous – A 6-day tour visiting Winterthur, Longwood, Nemours, Baltimore, Annapolis, St. Michaels, Ocean City, Norfolk & Virginia Beach.
- Unlock the Mystery of Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol – A 3-day secretive tour of Washington, DC attractions featuring the Gaylord National. This package includes: House of Temple, the Capitol Visitors Center, Supreme Court building, George Washington Masonic Temple, the U.S. Botanic Gardens, the Smithsonian, Phillip’s Flagship, DC Illumination tour, Washington National Cathedral and more.
- Three Gardens, Three States, Three Days – A 4-day adventure for springtime garden lovers featuring gardens in PA, DE & MD. Sites include are PA's Chanticleer, Chaddsford Winery, & Longwood Gardens; DE's Nemours Mansion & Gardens and Winterthur; MD's and Lade
The Maryland Field Trip and Teachers' Guide 2010-2011