The Maryland Office of Sports Marketing's mission is to e
nhance Maryland's economy, image and quality of life through the attraction, promotion, retention and development of regional, national and international sporting events.
- Attract, host, create and support national and international sports events and organizations throughout the state.
- Enhance Maryland's domestic and international image by helping to develop and promote a vibrant sports tourism industry through collaboration with communities across Maryland-TEAM Maryland.
- Encourage and promote the development of amateur athletics and youth sports in the state.
- Retain existing sporting events that have positive economic impact and strong media positioning.
- Promote a statewide culture in which sporting events can thrive, and in which participants- local, regional, national and international- enjoy Maryland-based competitions.
- Assist with the development and promotion of Maryland’s sports industry.
- Serve as an information and networking resource.
- Coordinate strategic alliances for partners and stakeholders, which enable them to attract, develop, retain and host sporting events, programs and organizations.